Sunday, July 30, 2017

Booktube-A-Thon 2017 Wrap Up



The 2017 Reading Challenges:
1. Read a book with a person on the cover. Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton
2. Read a hyped book. Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban (H.P. #3) by J. K. Rowling
3. Finish a book in one dayUnder the Quilt of Night by Deborah Hopkinson & James E. Ransome (Artist/Illustrator)
4. Read about a character that is very different from youRumble Fish by S.E. Hinton
5. Finish a book completely outdoorsUnder the Quilt of Night by Deborah Hopkinson & James E. Ransome 
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover.
7. Read seven books.


My thoughts on each book I read:
(Just click on the title(s) to see my thoughts)

1. Under The Quilt of Night 5/5
2. Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban 3/5
3. Rumble Fish 3.5/5

The only book I could think of that I bought solely based on the cover, I had finished before the Booktube-A-Thon started and most of the other books, I had heard of from booktube'rs and/or are part of series. 


As far as the "Read 7 Books", I pretty much knew I wouldn't be getting to that one and I am fine with that. 


Three (3) books covered all of the other categories I could get to. So, to get even three (3) books done this week, I am pretty proud of myself. Even though 1 was only forty (40) pages, the other was under two hundred (200) pages and both were pretty quick reads. 


Even with Harry Potter being over 400 pages, it's still an easy read that was made easier by listening to it on audio mostly while I was on the computer. 


Well, I finished Harry Potter with a lot of time to spare on the Booktube-A-Thon but I also know that I won't have time to finish any other books, so, I decided to just post this early so I don't have to try to do it later. I started working on it as the Booktube A Thon went along so it would be easier to get it together at the end of it, especially if I was running behind for any reason. Plus, it would make it easier to type things up while they were fresh on my mind. 

Book Covers:




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

About the book : Goodreads Summary ✥Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc :   Stand Alone ✥ Release Date :  May 5, 2015 ✥Setting :   Ca...