Monday, January 2, 2017

2016: A Year in Review


Goodreads Reading Challenge:
Set at: 50      Read Total: 53
2016 Read TotalMy Reading Challenge 2016
(Let me know if this doesn't work or if it doesn't show up with my book list)

2016 Favorites (In No Particular Order):
1. Dogs Are Worth It by Charles M Schulz
2. Duck, Here Comes Another Day! by Charles M. Schulz
3. The Marvels by Brian Selznick
4. The Houdini Box by Brian Selznick
5. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
6. That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton
7. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
8. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
9. I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg
10. The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
11. Muppets Character Encyclopedia (muppets) by Craig Shemin
12. Can't Wait to Get to Heaven (Elmwood Springs #3)
13. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: With Audio Recording (Peanuts) by Charles M. Schulz, Scott Jeralds (Illustrator)


(All should open in a new window)

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge
What I finished:

1.  A YA bestseller City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
2. A book set in Europe The Marvels by Brian Selznick
3. A book that's under 150 pages The Houdini Box by Brian Selznick
4. A New York Times bestseller Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
5.  A book you can finish in a day Crank by Ellen Hopkins
6. A book that's more than 600 pages The Marvels by Brian Selznick
7. A science-fiction novel The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
8. A book recommended by a family member The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
9. A graphic novel I Love Him to Pieces by Evonne Tsang
10. A book that is published in 2016 Blest by Blaise Lucey
11. A book that takes place during summer Family Patterns by Kristin Eckhardt
12. A murder mystery Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay
13. A book with a blue cover Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
14. A book of poetry Crank by Ellen Hopkins
15. The first book you see in a bookstore City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
16. A classic from the 20th century Ozma of Oz byL. Frank Baum
17. A book from the library Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
18. A book about a culture you're unfamiliar with Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
19. A book that takes place on an island Envy by Sandra Brown
20. A book that's guaranteed to bring you joy Dogs Are Worth It! by Charles Shulz
21. A self-improvement book The City of Wellness: Restoring Your Health Through the Seven Kitchens of Consciousness by Queen Afua 


💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Big Book Challenge:
Set #: 7
Books Read Total: 18
GroupBig Book Challenge on Goodreads
Page Count #: 9306

1. Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown (406 pages) 4/5
2. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare (453 pages) 4/5 
3. The Marvels by Brian Selznick (665 pages) 4.5/5 
4. Burned (Burned #1) by Ellen Hopkins  (532 pages) 4/5 
5. Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick  (640 pages) 4.5/5 
6. Smoke (Burned #2) by Ellen Hopkins (543 pages) 4.5/5 
7. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (428 pages) 4/5 
8. Impulse (Impulse #1) by Ellen Hopkins   (667 pages) 3/5 
9. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare (492 pages) 3/5 
10. Envy by Sandra Brown (490 pages) 2.75/5 
11. City of Fallen Angels (T.M.I #4) by Cassandra Clare (435 pages) 3/5 
12. Crank (Crank #1) by Ellen Hopkins (537 pages) 4.5/5
13. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick (407 pages) 4/5 
14. Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown (533 pages) 3/5 
15. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) (535 pages) 3/5 
16. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare (479 pages) 4/5 
17. Clockwork Prince (T.I.D. #2) by Cassandra Clare (498 pages) [I counted the pages I read, not the        total pages in the book] 4.5/5
18. Clockwork Princess (T.I.D. #3) Cassandra Clare (568 pages)  [I counted the pages I read, not the        total pages in the book] 4.5/5 


💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Cruisin' Through the Cozies:
Set #7-12 books
Read #: 8
My Level 20162016 - Level 2 (Investigator) Info
GroupCruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge Group

Each book is linked to it's summary:
1. Family Patterns (Patchwork #1) by Kristin Eckhardt (4.5/5)
2. Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #2) by Jenn McKinlay (4/5)
3. Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay  (4/5)
4. Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #4) by Jenn McKinlay (4/5)
5. Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #5) by Jenn McKinlay (4.5/5)
6. Sugar and Iced (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #6) by Jenn McKinlay (4/5)
7. Dark Chocolate Demise (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #7) by Jenn McKinlay (4.5/5)
8. Vanilla Beaned (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #8) by Jenn McKinlay (4.5/5)

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

I said I'd make 2017 a "Year of the Series" and I started it early (from 10/16-12/16) to make 2017 a little bit easier. If I haven't caught up on or finished the series, I will put the books I've read. If I am caught up and/or finished with the series/trilogy/duology etc, I will just add the link to the series page.

So, what have I finished thus far? Well, let's see:

Starting The Year Of The Series: 10/16-12/16
1.  The Cupcake Bakery Mystery by Jenn McKinlay
#CaughtUp (11/10/16; Book 9 due out 4/17)
Rating for Series as a whole so far: 4.5/5
2. Confessions (4 books) by James Patterson
#SeriesFinished (11/27/16)
Rating for series as a whole: 4/5
3. The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
#TrilogyFinished (12/23/16)
Rating for series as a whole: 4.5/5
💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Let me know if any of the links don't work , leads to the wrong place, etc, I will be sure to fix them. Make sure you let me know which ones as well. Chances are, the  reviews I'd done, won't be linked here as that would take too long to do, as well as, it would make it look messy and confusing. If you want to know my thoughts on the books, be sure to ask and I will either give the link or I will say what I think there. 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

About the book : Goodreads Summary ✥Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc :   Stand Alone ✥ Release Date :  May 5, 2015 ✥Setting :   Ca...