Friday, December 23, 2016

The Clockwork Princess (T.I.D. # 3) Cassandra Clare



Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Trilogy
Release Date:  March 19th 2013
Page Count656 pages
Format: Paperback
Genre(s): Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Date(s) Read: [Finished] 12/23/16
Rating: Book-4.5/5
                 Audio-4/5
Audio:

I liked him well enough. He made it easier to get through the book; especially the excessively drawn out parts. Sometimes, I may get a bit confused about who he is reading when he does the dialogue, or when he is just doing the thoughts or descriptions, especially if I am not totally focused on the audio (which was usually when I got a bit confused and would have to pick up the book).

Book:

Favorites? How can I choose a favorite? Well, okay, maybe I can; but more than one favorite. Among the ones that are my favorites, I doubt I could choose one over the other really, because I love them for different reasons. Although, Jem and Will, I think I have a special place in my heart for Jem...and he would be that one that would take top spot...just a bit. 

Of all the characters, I do love Charlotte & Henry (how can you not love them! Especially Henry and his "remind you of your grandpa or favorite uncle" kind of way about him!). Tessa, I loved her strength. Her questions would get on my nerves sometimes, but, I guess if you don't ask, you will never know! As she grew, she began to ask less questions and realize, she can figure things out without so many questions..especially as she got more comfortable as a shadow hunter and a young woman. She had a strength about her that I wish I had at her age, heck, my age now! Yet, she would show her vulnerable side sometimes too. She had a balance about herself. 

This book was very beautifully written, all the books were. Almost like reading poetry in novel form. It had you going from one emotion to the next then back again! A whole lot of laughter in there too. 

So far, between T.M.I & T.I.D., my favorites would be T.I.D.. Although, I do miss the mess out of my Simon! I was ready to get through The Infernal Devices just so I can read about Simon! Lord knows I love that little dude! 😍

I can finally say that I checked (✓) off another series/trilogy in my self imposed "Year of the Series 2017" challenge that I started a little early (In October). And one more book down for the Big Book Challenge (BBC)[✓]. 

It took me a while to finish this book because I just was not feeling the reading thing and these books seem to take me a while to get through anyway because they are good but slow reads for me personally. So, even if I read them daily, it would probably take me at least a week to finish because they are pretty big books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

About the book : Goodreads Summary ✥Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc :   Stand Alone ✥ Release Date :  May 5, 2015 ✥Setting :   Ca...