Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare


Release Date: 9/1/15
Page Count: 479
Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult/Paranormal/Steampunk/Science Fiction/Romance
Dates Read:  10/24-11/2
                              
My Rating:
Book: 4/5 🌟
Audio: 4/5 🌟



My Thoughts:
I didn't go into this book with my hopes too high because I knew the chances of me possibly not liking it. Although, they were still a bit high and I did hope, I'd enjoy it. I did.

As I get used to Clare's writing, I know to go into it not expecting it to totally wow me but that it would be entertaining and interesting, with a hell of a lot of angst and guys being butt-holes. And I got all of that. I noticed similarity with some characters here and The Mortal Instruments and I hoped it wouldn't continue with characters being exactly the same. She did change some of them up a bit as the book went on and I am glad about that. Although, there was that one, throughout the book, they did remind me of a certain character that got on my last nerve in the beginning. Another hope that changes as well. Overall, I did like a large number of the characters. Tessa? Well, I like her, she just tends to ask too many daggone questions! Lol...But I guess you need to learn, so you have to ask questions! Maybe because I am one I learned to not ask a whole lot of questions, I tend to get frustrated with people who ask a crap load of questions whenever you talk to them! lol

The book was a bit slow paced, but I think part of me expected that because much of her books are; but also, with this being the first book in the trilogy, I guess you have to get to know the world and people. Hopefully she will pick it up with the next two. I'm sure there will be a lot more angst and frustration, as she always does, but so far, I am enjoying this book a bit more than I am T.M.I.

There isn't a whole lot I can say about this book. I went between giving it a 4/5 to giving it a 4.5/5 stars. I stuck with 4/5 because of how similar some of the characters and story were to the other books and how some things tended to wrap up a bit too neatly.

After a bit of a break (reading a book or two), hopefully I will be going on to The Clockwork Prince before the year is out. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

About the book : Goodreads Summary ✥Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc :   Stand Alone ✥ Release Date :  May 5, 2015 ✥Setting :   Ca...